- Companies to integrate AirTies Cloud with Sweepr platform to identify and resolve home connectivity issues through next-gen data analysis and self-service
DUBLIN and ISTANBUL – May 14, 2020 – AirTies, the most widely deployed supplier of managed Wi-Fi solutions to service providers globally, and Sweepr, the provider of simple care for the connected home, today announced a new strategic alliance to help service providers reduce operating costs by identifying and resolving home connectivity issues, and pre-empting calls to customer care centers.
Specifically, the companies will integrate Sweepr’s cloud-based platform with AirTies Cloud, collaborate on joint customer deployments, and cooperate on future technology roadmaps and R&D efforts. AirTies Cloud is a secure, GDPR-compliant platform that provides real-time visibility into subscribers’ home Wi-Fi performance, analysis on connected devices and data consumption patterns, and automated network optimization. This secure data will be used to inform Sweepr’s contextually adaptive technical support platform to help service providers respond to a consumer’s specific support requests via their digital self-care support channels such as voice assistants, mobile applications, chatbots, and more – reducing the need to contact a call center.
“In today’s challenging times, service providers are under immense pressure to deliver quality Internet service and manage costs. In fact, they need to do both simultaneously,” said Philippe Alcaras, CEO of AirTies. “Together, AirTies and Sweepr are bringing together the latest innovations in hybrid cloud-edge architecture, self-optimizing networks, machine learning, and self-care technologies. For us, it’s key to the evolution of ‘Smart Wi-Fi’ – designed to help service providers improve the customer experience and lower operating costs.”
“Given the strain on both consumers and call centers, it’s imperative that technical support be available in the moment, rather than waiting on hold for a care agent – and that’s now more possible than ever before,” said Alan Coleman, founder and CEO of Sweepr. “One of the biggest generators of care costs are problems with subscriber home networks. As such, we are proud to be working with AirTies to help identify and mitigate those issues immediately, through intelligent data analysis and intuitive self-service.”
The combination of AirTies and Sweepr will enable self-help options that diagnose specific problems across home networks, devices, and services. Data analytics, natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) techniques are used to generate individualized, customer-friendly responses. For example, subscribers can ask simple questions like, “Why is my Netflix slow?”, or “Why is my game connection glitchy?”. Depending on the situation, Sweepr’s platform can then generate:
● Automated fixes (e.g. “We found and fixed the problem. Your tablet is sharing home Wi-Fi with other devices, so we prioritized it over other devices on your network. It should perform better now.”);
● Guided self-service (e.g. We think we know what’s wrong. We are going to take you through simple steps about the placement of your home router. Also, someone in the home was using a lot of bandwidth on an older iPhone 4. When older devices like that stream video over Wi-Fi, it slows down all the newer Wi-Fi devices in the home. You might consider streaming video on a different device, if possible.”);
● Upgrade recommendations (i.e. “Looking at our tests and analysis, it seems you would benefit greatly by upgrading to a faster broadband Internet plan. Would you be interested in that?”); and/or
● Context assisted intervention (i.e. “We aren’t sure what the problem is but have many details of the issue. We will look into the situation and call you back with a solution.”).
The companies expect their integrations to be complete and available for trials with service providers in the coming weeks. Sweepr works with communication service providers and large appliance manufacturers and has clients in both North America and Europe. Additional information is at: www.Sweepr.com. AirTies’ technologies have been deployed by more than 50 service providers across 4 different continents. Additional information about AirTies can be found at: www.AirTies.com.
Founded in 2004, AirTies is the most widely deployed provider of managed in-home Wi-Fi solutions to operators around the globe. The company offers Smart Wi-Fi software, a cloud-based management platform and Mesh extenders. Service providers turn to AirTies for the design, implementation, and ongoing optimization of their customers’ broadband experience. With an installed base of over 30 million homes, AirTies’ customers include: AT&T, Singtel, Sky and many others. More information is available at www.AirTies.com.
Sweepr was founded in Dublin (Ireland) in 2017 and has developed a contextually adaptive technical support platform for connected homes. With Sweepr, communication service providers and connected product manufacturers can transform how they offer technical support, enabling consumers to resolve issues without calling customer care and improving time to resolve for any remaining issues that are escalated to traditional support channels.