Air 4740 600 + 300 Mbps Dual Band Concurrent Video Streamer
600 + 300 Mbps Dual Band Concurrent Video Streamer 600 + 300 Mbps Dual Band Concurrent, AirTouch, 5xGb Ethernet (4xLAN, 1x WAN optional)
• Air 4740 is offering a 4x4 802.11n high-speed wireless solution that can provide ultra reliability, predictable bandwidth and unprecedented high speed performance for real-time video distribution and data transmission in the home.
• Dual Band means two radios work concurrently at 2.4 and 5GHz, allowing you to connect legacy devices at 2.4 GHz and the latest devices at 5GHz to get the best possible wireless performance for all your wireless devices – at the same time from the Air 4740!
• Complete push-button wireless network set up and configuration. Simply pushing the “AirTouch” button on Air 4740 is all that needed to configure the device on the wireless network and enable security. AirTouch is compliant with WPS therefore all WPS compliant clients can be connected to Air4740 with a touch of a button.
• Air 4740 is capable of wirelessly sending 4 HD and 4 SD video streams simultaneously. The device continues to operate as an access poing while providing this functionality.
• The Gigabit WAN port (optional) provides ultra fast routing of data between WAN and LAN ports.
• Media Server ( optional, requires extra USB 2.0 port): AirTies UPnP AV / DLNA compliant Media Server feature allows you to attach an external disk drive to your AirTies device and share it on the network. Air 4740 can wirelessly stream the media, movies, photos, music on the attached disc using to TVs and players capable of displaying it. With specialized wireless video streaming technology at 5GHz Band, Air 4740 is perfect for wirelessly watching HD movies.
N-hance your life with highest-speed wireless connectivity in every corner while sharing your movies, music and photos!!
In the area of wireless video transmission, Air4740 getting ready to achieve many firsts in the world. In those environments where concrete walls are in the way and where the frequencies in which wireless transmission takes place is full, the AirTies Air4740 does what is almost impossible and provide uninterrupted communications at 5GHz to transfer video/IPTV packets. With the smart frequency selection feature, Air4740 selects the most suitable frequency for itself, and with the QoS (Quality of Service) feature that gives high priority to video packets, Air4740 ends the clutter of cables in your house.
A high speed Wireless Bridge can be created to enable connect devices in the home that have only an Ethernet port, such as Internet TVs, Set Top Boxes and Game Consoles.
Thanks to 5-port gigabit switch on Air4740, you can enjoy fast downloads, instant videos and lag free online gaming as well as connecting gigabit enabled wired devices (such as NAS devices) to the four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports.
Wireless Video Features
• Interference Avoidance: Air4740 scans all 22 channels at the 5Ghz band, monitors traffic and noise in each channel and dynamically changes wireless channels to avoid interference at runtime without interrupting video streaming.
• Jitter Avoidance: Jitter avoidance technology time stamps each packet and ensures video arrives at STB as if it is receiving from a wired Ethernet connection with a small delay.
• Smart queueing: Video buffers at both the transmitter (AP) and receiver (STB) manage which packets have been actually received and retransmit lost ones while maintaining packet ordering critical to video.
• Traffic prioritization: Automatic detection of traffic type (multicast, unicast TCP/UDP, gaming) and prioritization.
AirTies Network Assistant
More and more devices are now connected to networks, from netbooks, notebooks and computers to televisions, media players and mobile phones. With this rise in the number of devices that are connected to the home network and the greater number of network components and configuration required to enable such a network, it is becoming increasingly difficult to setup and keep home networks running effectively. Going forward, more consumer devices will become network enabled, making the situation only worse.
There are various techniques and tools that are available to monitor and manage networks. The difficulty is that these tools require sophisticated technical knowledge and experience to understand and use, which is considerably more than the average home user should be expected to posses.
AirTies Network Assistant is a novel and innovative application that runs on users’ Personal Computers and allows all users to setup, configure, monitor and control their home network, whatever their technical understanding is. All functionality is delivered in a user friendly way and is very easy to use.
AirTouch technology provides complete push-button wireless network set up and configuration
For many users who are not experts, configuring wireless security is difficult. AirTouch makes it possible for anyone to configure these complex settings automatically at the touch of a button. Pushing the “AirTouch” button on the Air4740 is an indication that you can physically reach the device and also that you are a trusted user. When the button is pressed, the AirTouch connection begins, and the security settings between Access Points are automatically configured.
AirTouch technology allows Automatic Configuration Sharing where any changes to the wireless configuration of a node are automatically sent out to all nodes in the network. For example, if the wireless network password on a MESH network consisting of 3 wireless Access Points needs to be changed, you no longer need to set the password on each AP. Any change to one of the APs gets propagated to the others automatically synchronizing the settings of all wireless nodes in the network.
5 GHz Video Distribution + Concurrent 2.4GHz Data Distribution
Most wireless routers operate at the 2.4GHz band which has only 3 non-overlapping channels. This leads to congestion which reduces wireless performance significantly. However, the 5GHz band provides 22 channels for interference free, high speed true 600Mbps wireless networking, allowing you to watch HD video, listen to music or view photos at high speeds. In addition, AirTies Dynamic Channel Change technology always picks the best available channel and continually monitors for the best channel.
The Air 4740 operates concurrently at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, meaning that you can enjoy 4x4 5GHz dedicated to Video Distribution while also using 2x2 2.4GHz to transfer data to and from older devices.
The Air 4740 possesses all the features needed for an IPTV application. It supports VLANs to be able to separate IPTV and data traffic. For cases where a single VLAN is used for more than one type of service, the IP QoS feature can be used to prioritize packets and reserve bandwidth based on traffic type.
The Any Port Any Service feature allows Air 4740 to recognize the IPTV devices connected to it no matter which Ethernet port they use and automatically forward that port to the VLAN reserved for IPTV traffic. Thus, service is uninterrupted even if the user changes the port the IPTV device is attached to. The Air 4740 can support IPTV service in both router and bridge modes. It can transfer various DHCP options (option 60, 121 etc.) necessary for the initial configuration of IPTV devices from the provider network’s DHCP to the IPTV device.